Internship (m/f/d) Software Engineer Germany
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB's success is driven by 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.As Software Architecture Research Group of ABB's Corporate Research Center Germany, we transfer recent academic insights and technology developments into prototypes of future products and systems. Those research projects on digitalization of industry are executed according to agile methodology in close collaboration with domain-experts from ABB's divisions all over the globe.We are looking for enthusiastic students to become part of our research and development team of a global, future-oriented company. Join us to learn from competent experts, gain insights on technologies, and get practical experience through challenging tasks in a project team. You will be involved in projects and perform a defined set of duties independently. Use your stay at corporate research center to build your professional network and become familiar with our company.
- Contribute to ongoing research activities on developing software-intensive systems and software applications in domains of Industrial Internet of Things, Embedded and Real-time Systems, Distributed Fault-Tolerant Computing Systems, Control Application Engineering
- Support evaluation of cutting-edge technologies like Cloud and Edge Computing, Containerization and Container Orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes, Digital Twins, 5G Networking, Microservice Architectures, and Applied Machine Learning
- Understanding software architecture and development process of existing ABB product offering in order to extend it to innovative next-generation prototypes
- Driving an independent work task as a project team member.
- Study background in computer science, software and systems engineering, information technology or similar knowledge
- Experience with software development in OOP (Java or C#) and/or other languages (C/C++)
- Additional experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python) and applied Machine Learning is a plus
- Additional experience in domains of automation engineering (PLC programming languages) and industrial communication protocols (OPC UA) is a plus
- Experience with collaborative software development tools in terms of IDEs (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, ...) and git-based collaborative development workflow
- As a good communicator, you have sound English skills in speaking and writing required by an international team
More about us
ABB's Corporate Research Center Germany is located in Ladenburg, between Mannheim and Heidelberg, two major German cities full of attractions. Heidelberg blends middle-European traditions with a lively spirit due to the numerous students from all over the world.You will receive appropriate remuneration for the duration of the internship. Please note that internships are generally limited to six months. Please state whether you are applying for a voluntary internship or undertaking a mandatory internship. In the case of mandatory internships, please include the corresponding extract from your university's internship guidelines.High-potential students working at ABB get a chance to become a part of our talent pool including various student events and personal contact at ABB's HR.Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application (including at least: cover letter, CV, certificate of enrolment, current transcript of grades) through our online careers tool.
Publication ID: DE67760701_E4