Machining Team Tech C
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The ABB Athens Motor Plant is looking for CNC machinists to perform multiple set-ups with short piece production runs, operating CNC turning, drilling, and milling centers, read blueprints, and use precision measuring instruments to machine cast iron and steel parts to required specifications while working with teammates to achieve department goals.
- Conform to policies and procedures as an ABB employee.
- Perform housekeeping duties as required.
- Train, share knowledge & information with coworkers.
- Demonstrate the ability to set up all equipment for all job assignments.
- Demonstrate a high level of mechanical skills and self-motivation.
- Read and interpret information from blueprints, schematics, factory orders, routings and other internal documentation in hard copy or electronic formats.
- Function safely in an industrial environment, including shift work as required.
- Attendance and punctuality to company standards.
- Use appropriate gauges and measuring devices.
- High school diploma or GED required. Proficiency in math, including the ability to add & subtract decimals required. Previous machining experience or a diploma or degree in machine tool technology preferred.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfhttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdfAs an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US84185732_E3