Production Supervisor - Evening Shift
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. For the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu plant, we are looking for a production supervisor for the evening shift. Reporting to the head of the Production Sector, your main responsibility will be to monitor production needs in a unionized manufacturing environment that promotes participatory management.
- Supervise a production team of approximately 20 unionized employees.
- Check the availability of equipment, material, and personnel, and identify production priorities.
- Act as a leader in matters of health and safety management.
- Identify opportunities and manage the improvement plans in your sector.
- Supervise, evaluate, and coach employees in achieving their skill level.
- Identify the training needs of the production employees.
- Participate in production planning.
- Run team meetings.
- Participate in shift change and other meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership and influence with his team.
- Autonomous, highly organized, able to manage several priorities and projects.
- Ability to manage and resolve emergency situations and make decisions quickly.
- Ability to manage change and be an agent of change.
- Ability to work in a team and interact with the various members of the organization.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Onsite
Publication ID: CA84246455_E5