Production Operator - 2nd Shift
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. This role will support 2nd Shift operations in achieving the set production targets by adhering to the systems and processes within manufacturing. Employee will correctly and safely use machinery and equipment on the shop floor, read and interpret the technical diagrams & instructions for assembly of products, systems and panels.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- • Assembles production, fabricated metal products, electrical equipment, and more according to directions.
- • Reads blueprints, schematics, or similar documentation, then builds to those specifications.
- • Uses various machines and hand tools to accomplish assigned tasks.
- • Maintains logs, records, and reports concerning production, machine maintenance, and product inconsistencies.
- • Maintains equipment and conveyors and performs basic repairs when needed.
- • Inventories tools, parts, and supplies; contacts materials handler if supplies are needed.
- • Periodically checks products per company policy to ensure quality and uniform completion; resolves any identified problems and alerts supervisor.
- • Performs other related duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- • High school diploma or equivalent required
- • Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States
- • Knowledge and use of tools – tape measure, screwdriver, battery operated tools, etc.
- • Knowledge of hardware arrangements – nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
- • Knowledge of 5S – sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain
- • Knowledge and use of necessary PPE
- • Ability to read and interpret engineering job spec sheet, connection diagrams, bill of materials, and standard assembly drawings
- • Ability to use crane or other lifting devices, as needed
- • Ability to use and work with hand tools
- • Ability to safely use a ladder while performing the job, as needed
- • Ability to lift, push and pull up to 40lbs
- • Ability to speak, read, and write the English Language
- • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple or basic instructions
- • Basic computer skills to be able to look up parts based on bill of materials
- • Basic mathematical skills
- • Basic communication skills
- • Hand, eye coordination skills and use of both hands
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfhttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdfAs an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US85295980_E2