Production technician - Aerospace
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.The ABB Measurement & Analytics plant in Québec is the world leader in spectroscopy. Our Contract Engineering Department is Canada's largest supplier of space optical sensors used, among other things, for greenhouse gas emissions monitoring and weather forecasting worldwide. Our plant is also known for its expertise in the development and manufacture of various products that make it possible to meet several industrial analysis needs on a daily basis.By joining one of the largest engineering departments in Québec, you will actively contribute to the activities of a dynamic and stimulating multidisciplinary team. You will actively contribute to the execution of our projects. Your role as an aerospace production technician will be to perform various cleanroom tasks, such as mechanical and electronic assembly, optical alignment, while meeting strict quality criteria and complying with the demanding requirements of our customers.
- Work in a clean room environment.
- Assemble and align subassemblies according to detailed work instructions while respecting the standards imposed by our customers (IPC, NASA, ESA, ASC).
- Assemble mechanical, optical, and electronic components using precision tools (ex.: centering machine, microscope).
- Perform other tasks related to production (cleaning parts, preparing and applying glue, completing written documentation, etc.).
- Apply the safety rules (SST, CE, CSA) and respect the processes in place.
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- DCS in engineering physics or electrical engineering or a related discipline.
- CPS/PSD combined with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience in opto-mechanical and electronic fitting/assembly.
- Be comfortable with respecting certain repetitive tasks.
- Fluency in French (spoken and written) and English (written).
- Collaborative and solution-oriented approach; great personal motivation, autonomous, proof of initiative, concern for order and quality.
- Good knowledge of optical alignment (asset).
- Familiar with cleanroom work (asset).
- Good knowledge of MS Office (asset).
- You have a strong commitment to safe work practices and to compliance with workplace safety rules.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and support-ed. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.ABB's Military Reservist Policy offers Canada's Reserve Force members the flexibility to undergo military training and activities while maintaining job security, seniority, pay, benefits, and privileges as ABB employees, including up to 15 paid working days per year for training, as well as extended leave for operations both in Canada and abroad, ensuring seamless career integration with our nation's defense forces. #LI-Onsite
Publication ID: CA84660411_E3