Electric Motor Repair/Winder
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
- Perform basic operations such as stripping, rewinding, cleaning, grit blasting, repairing, reassembling and testing small-sized DC armatures, AC stators and rotors, etc., with direction;
- Demonstrate familiarity with winding reference documents (SS-4/SS-5, etc.);
- Demonstrate familiarity with the Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) process;
- Perform basic use of Baker AWA IV (or equivalent) winding analyzer, DC HiPot tester, and other necessary test equipment for electric motor repairs, with direction;
- Assist with the repair of larger/more complex units;
- Willing to travel as needed to support on-site projects.
- Education: Grade 12 or Equivalent practical experience;
- Previous experience in large electric motor repair is an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have basic computer skills including MS Office;
- Outstanding values towards safety and quality;
- Strong team player.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-onsite
Publication ID: CA85881858_E1