Electric Motor Winder/Repair
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
- Preliminary test and diagnose to determine condition of equipment.
- Dismantle and strip down in proper sequence and is necessary prepare sketches and/ or drawings and notes to assure proper sequence of re-assembly.
- List defective or damaged components on inspection sheet and record pertinent information required to make and/or purchase replacement parts.
- Inspect bearings, shafts, bushings, commutator etc., for wear and defects.
- Perform all operations required to make the necessary electrical repairs.
- Perform all operations with minimal supervision and direct the activities of lesser skilled employees and helpers as required.
- Complete job routings and maintain accurate records of inspection and repair activities.
- Follow company procedures and participate in team administrative duties.
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of their designated work area, general shop facility, vehicles and surrounding work area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent practical experience;
- Alberta Certified Electrical Motor Systems Technician Journeyperson or Red Seal (or prepared to work towards such certification);
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in electric motor repair;
- Must have electrical theory (AC and DC);
- Be able to understand and use tests equipment and instruments required to perform preliminary, intermediate and final tests;
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings;
- Work overtime as required;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; good team player;
- Must be able to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must have the ability to interpret diagrams and/or constructive drawings;
- Ability to use a variety of precision measuring equipment;
- Computer literacy would be an advantage for some shop processes and possible internal/external communication;
- Willingness to travel and perform customer site work as necessary.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-onsite
Publication ID: CA85919401_E1