Embedded Test Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
As Embedded Test Engineer, you play an important role in providing complex EV charging systems with the best soft- and hardware. You carry out various (simulation) tests so that software runs correctly on electric vehicle charging systems. To ensure safety, all features must be fully correct. You realize that even the smallest software changes affect the functionality of the hardware. You will be part of the Global Test Team, location Delft. You will also have colleagues based in Eindhoven and in other parts of the world. The Global Test Team brings a diverse set of cultures and skills. The team has a drive for innovation, being at the heart of our daily software improvements.
- You are the tester who ensure that the tooling we offer to our customers and our own employees is as optimal as possible. So do you think it's necessary to make any changes after your test on an electric vehicle charger? Then you send it back to the developer with a solid foundation. Your colleagues know that your 'seal of approval' is only given when the smallest details are correct.
- Performing tests as soon as all features are bundled in a software version. You check if the feature is correct, meets the functional requirements and look at the points of interest of previous releases.
- Verifying and validating developer changes;
- Communicating with the service organization and customer about what is being tested;
- Writing test plans and cases;
- Collaborate with fellow testers in different locations.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
- Minimum 3 years work experience as an embedded test engineer or software test engineer within an electrotechnical environment with testing on hardware.
- Experience in writing test plans and cases
- Experience in Azure DevOps is preferred
- Details oriented in delivering quality, striving for better results every day, you inspire your international colleagues. And during customer contact you convey the message clearly and pleasantly
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English, Dutch is a plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://e-mobility.abb.com/Our offer:We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience.Work model: hybrid #LI-hybridAre you interested in joining ABB E-mobility?We look forward to receiving your application online via the ‘apply now’ button below. For further questions, contact Judy Borsje, Talent Partner, via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 21 89 62 66
Publication ID: NL85125165_E2