R&D Senior Engineer e-mobility converter (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will contribute ideas for innovative technology developments and solutions, working to solve industrial problems.Reporting to the R&D Traction Power Electronics Team Lead, you will be responsible for a converter product platform for e-mobility applications.
This position reports to
R&D Principal Engineer
- Develop and drive the R&D roadmap of the HES880 for the converter platform, including maintenance activities
- Coordinate software and hardware development in a distributed, international environment
- Manage and prioritize the feature and customer case backlogs in collaboration with product management
- Contribute to R&D activities on either power electronics, control electronics or software topics.
- Support sales and application engineers as technical expert
- Support product management in defining the long-term roadmap for e-mobility converters
- Experience and enthusiasm in R&D for power electronics or system design for e-mobility
- Application knowledge for e-mobility applications
- Experience working in an international, distributed development environment
- A solution-focused and structured approach as well as strong written and spoken communication skills
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering with focus on power electronics
- Proficient knowledge in English required, willingness to learn German appreciated
- Experience in R&D project management
More about us
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). This recruiting process is led by Ceren Oezen, Talent Partner, ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement:https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidateWork model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
Publication ID: CH85717271_E2