Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The project execution team is at the heart of our organization. It meets and surpasses customer expectations, while helping to build a profitable and sustainable future. The ABB Measurement & Analytics plant in Québec is the world leader in spectroscopy. Our Contract Engineering Department is Canada's largest supplier of space optical sensors used, among other things, for greenhouse gas emissions monitoring and weather forecasting worldwide. Our plant is also known for its expertise in the development and manufacture of various products that make it possible to meet several industrial analysis needs on a daily basis By joining one of the largest engineering departments in Québec, you will actively contribute to the activities of a dynamic and stimulating multidisciplinary team. You will work in a team with a project manager experienced in carrying out engineering contracts within the Measurement and Analysis business unit in Quebec City (Canada). Your clients and projects are varied, including the Canadian and European space agencies. Attached to the project management office, you will ensure the delivery of projects aimed at putting products developed by a solid technical team into orbit. This experience will allow you to progress to the level of project manager.
- In collaboration with the project manager, lead the project team with clear guidelines, tasks and, milestones, while motivating and providing feedback.
- Identify, analyze, and manage project risks, regularly sharing lessons learned.
- Monitor each stage of project implementation to ensure best practices in cost control, resource efficiency, risk management, and health, safety and environment.
- Coordinate and track equipment procurement in collaboration with the supply chain.
- Build strong relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Up to two years of experience in project management.
- Proven experience in managing project scope, costs, timelines, and suppliers/subcontractors.
- A collaborative, solution-oriented approach, and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Hold an engineering degree, a technical diploma, or a certificate in project management.
- English-French bilingualism essential.
- Passion and eagerness to develop in project management.
- Retirement plan
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and support-ed. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage appli-cants to self-identify in the application process. #LI-Hybrid
Publication ID: CA86466833_E2