Intern: Grid forming control of power converters
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
This position reports to
R&D Team Lead
- Exploration of current challenges in grid forming control ranging from inertia provision to current limiting and fault behavior.
- Review of academic literature on grid-forming control methods.
- Design, theoretical analysis, evaluation and documentation of different control strategies.
- Quick prototyping of solutions through proof-of-concept implementations
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or similar field.
- Interest in the following fields: power electronics, control theory, and power system analysis.
- Courses in control systems (PID, lead/lag compensation), distributed control, and/or model predictive control
- A good working knowledge of MATLAB or Python is required
- Experience with simulations software, e.g., Simulink, PLECS, and good understanding of power systems are desirable.
- Strong interest in research and publishing is desirable.
- Proficiency in English.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Work model: hybrid #LI-hybridWe look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references)only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Ece Oezen, Talent Partner ABB SwitzerlandLtd. A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriereABB Data Privacy Statement: https://www.cubiksonline.com/CubiksOnline/Standalone/ALogon.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fcubiksonline
Publication ID: CH87026134_E1