Motor & Generator Field Technician
Motor & Generator Field Technician
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This position will provide technical leadership and hands-on service support to resolve customers’ technical problems. The Motor & Generator Field Technician will have a high level of technical expertise, be capable of planning and leading a project as an individual contributor and as a key collaborator with a team to execute projects and services. The candidate will utilize their skillsets, understand business profitability, and deliver with exceptional customer service skills and with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Solid expertise in electric motors, electrical and mechanical technical skills, leadership, business acumen and effective communication skills.
- Perform preventive maintenance, commissioning, troubleshooting, repair and installation of AC and DC electric motors of more than 1000HP, with strength in electrical testing, mechanical inspection, alignment and vibration analysis.
- Develop service work scopes, pricing and proposals for customers.
- Plan, coordinate and execute work in an organized, safe and effective manner to meet schedule, budget, and customer’s expectations.
- Make a work site and site activities safe for self and all other members of the site team.
- Prepare and verify reports and deliver to customer.
- Prepare and finalize job details for invoicing.
- Own the business results for self and jobs and maintain a high level of utilization.
- Develop their leadership, job management and technical skills on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and implement cost and process improvements and standardization to continuously improve productivity and efficiency.
- Promote ABB capabilities to customers and grow service opportunities with them.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Electrical or mechanical technologist / technician with extensive relevant experience.
- Knowledge of environmental protection procedures and basic safety practices.
- Ability to understand and write guidelines and procedures, as well as electrical drawings.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Experienced with test equipment and procedures for large electrical rotating machines
- Familiarity with environmental protection procedures and basic electrical safety practices.
- Ability to work independently or lead a team and manage a work site.
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Bilingual French written and oral is an Asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally, work overtime/weekends, respond to weekend and off-hours service requests, and support extended national (and possibly international) assignments from time to time as required.
- Excellent team player with exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with team members.
- Proficient with Word and Excel, Ability to learn other corporate Software Packages
- Ability to learn and operate Proprietary Packages such as (Baker, Megger, Doble, etc).
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. ABB's Military Reservist Policy offers Canada's Reserve Force members the flexibility to undergo military training and activities while maintaining job security, seniority, pay, benefits, and privileges as ABB employees, including up to 15 paid working days per year for training, as well as extended leave for operations both in Canada and abroad, ensuring seamless career integration with our nation's defense forces.
Publication ID: CA87207579_E4