Senior Simulations and Automation Engineer
Senior Simulations and Automation Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Senior Simulations and Automation Engineer and will be part of Motion Business Area for System drives Division based in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be reporting to the Division R&D Team Lead located in Bangalore. You will be working with the teams which are developing and validating shippable products for the India and global markets. You will also be a part of global R&D community spread across the ABB MOSD division.
- Functional and System Test Automation Development:
- Participating in refinement meetings to understand the VFD Functions and System Testing requirements and perform in customer-focused Test Automation development activities on drive functions.
- Testing Requirement Analysis, Manual Testing, Test Automation code development in C# activities in line with the quality management system.
- Maintaining the test defect logs captured during the testing and testing automation development of the assigned product.
- Supporting the Product owner in coordinating to provide and receive the technical inputs for the project and resolving the technical issues with the global architecture and development teams.
- Drive Power Component Model Development and Hardware in loop Simulations.
- Participating in refinement meetings to understand the VFD Components and System Topology requirements and develop Matlab model for Hardware In Loop Simulations.
- Modeling requirement analysis, Developing, Integrating to Simulator, System execution, Testing and Test Automation.
- Maintaining the model defect logs captured during the testing and testing automation development of the assigned product.
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in power electronics, electronics, electrical engineering, or related field with 4 to 8 years of experience in Simulations, Modeling and Test Automation of Embedded Systems.
- Good Proficiency in the Matlab / Simulink programming of power electronics components. Minimum 2 years of working Exp.
- Good Proficiency in the Test Automation using C++/ C# / Python / Robo Framework.
- Good understanding of Configuration management, Code Repository, Requirements management, Code Management, CI/CD and different testing phases including Release testing.
- Good understanding of Test Automation Strategy and Process.(Any Testing certification will have added advantage).
- Experience in working with Industrial Drives / VFDs (drives), Drives testing, knowledge on Drives Applications, Drive control loops, Drives Configurations and Drives System Topologies will have an added advantage.
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning Work model: on site #LI-onsite
Publication ID: IN87243889_E1