Bilingual Service Technician
Bilingual Service Technician
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Field Technician to cover Canada from the Montreal or Burlington Campus. The person will perform the following tasks Preventive maintenance, calibration, and repair of laboratory equipment. Reporting to the Director, Management and Operations, Lorentzen & Wettre Division, your hands-on experience, and knowledge of customer needs will not only help you build strong customer relationships, but also identify new business opportunities.
- Provide exceptional and professional service, remotely or on site, for the maintenance of the proper functioning of quality control equipment for the pulp and paper industry in key categories,
- Work performed at the Campus: Inspection of new equipment, demonstrators, and repairs.
- Work performed at the customer's site: Preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and training.
- Telephone support for customers.
- Exceed customer expectations by understanding and anticipating current and potential needs.
- Identify and develop business and commercial opportunities, based on customer knowledge and collaboration across ABB.
- A DEC in electronics or instrumentation.
- Bilingual in both French and English.
- More than 5 years’ experience in customer service.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in servicing, maintenance, commissioning and repair of pulp and paper quality control equipment.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Good knowledge of the Windows environment and the Office suite
- Valid driver's license and passport are required.
- Availability for travel to customer sites.
- Collaborative, solution-oriented attitude and strong communication skills.
- Retirement plan
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. ABB's Military Reservist Policy offers Canada's Reserve Force members the flexibility to undergo military training and activities while maintaining job security, seniority, pay, benefits, and privileges as ABB employees, including up to 15 paid working days per year for training, as well as extended leave for operations both in Canada and abroad, ensuring seamless career integration with our nation's defense forces. #LI-Hybrid
Publication ID: CA87585914_E1