Power Electronics Intern
Power Electronics Intern
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products. The role reports to the Research Department Manager and is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. As a Intern - Power Electronics, You will work as part of a project team in the US leg of ABB Research (USRC). We encourage personal initiative and entrepreneurial behavior, and in return offer a challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Participate in research projects: Understand the technical requirements and identify components for new designs
- Plan, build, and adapt test circuits
- Conduct laboratory tests, analyze data, and improve/optimize the solution
- Interact and actively communicate with other team members in the research organization and with suppliers of novel components for power converters and protection devices
- Deliver results in the form of numerical models and hardware demonstrations in support of new scientific knowledge and technical design recommendations; and internal technical reports and presentations
- Currently enrolled in a Master's. or PhD degree program in the US in Electrical Engineering Power Electronics or related fields (recent graduates will also be considered)
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US
- Specialized coursework and research/project work in power electronics
- Analogue and digital electronics schematic design and PCB debugging experience
- Printed circuit board design and assembly experience
- Embedded programming experience (c, c++, TI and ST micro MCUs, FPGAs)
- Experience with EMI/EMC modeling and testing
- Ability to learn quickly and work in teams
- Strong skills in effective communication and networking
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88434859_E1