Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Execute Service work according to agreed work flows and in accordance with ABB standard processes and safety guidelines. Deliver excellent customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams, take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for ABB.
This position reports to
- Performs Service tasks, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in any Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.)
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifies new sales opportunities and communicates them internally
- Coordinates, prepares and ensures that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities
- Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed
- Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Proactively identifies suggestions for product and quality improvement and communicates them further in the ABB organization. Provides recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service
- Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents
- Bachelor’s degree, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent military experience or Associates Degree with 2 or more years’ experience in servicing critical power equipment
- Will consider High School Diploma/GED and 10 or more years’ experience.
- Advanced level ability to interact and communicate (written and verbal) information to varying levels within the organization.
- Advanced level of ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Moderate ability to self-Project Manage using MS Project or Excel.
- Advanced ability to write test plans and reports detailing test results
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid
Publication ID: US87681336_E1