Engineering Intern - Summer 2024
Engineering Intern - Summer 2024
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products. The role reports to the Research Department Manager and is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. As a Engineering Intern - Summer 2024, you might conduct hands on research, simulate physical behavior, analyze novel manufacturing and control methods, and/or experiment with prototype implementation in ABB applications. We encourage personal initiative and entrepreneurial behavior, and in return offer a challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Supporting ABB R&D projects and investigations related to electrical, mechanical, and/or thermal topics
- Finding and evaluating state-of-the art technology from public sources
- Contributing and critiquing new ideas, features, solutions, and evaluation strategies
- Helping design, draw, and model new components and test set-ups
- Helping design, run, and document calculations, simulations, laboratory tests, and experiments
- Currently enrolled in a Master's or PhD degree program in the US in Electrical/Mechanical/Materials Engineering, Physics, or similar (recent graduates will also be considered)
- Specialized coursework and research/project work in at least one of the following: electrical machines design and testing, mechanical/thermal modelling, mechatronics prototyping
- Determination, curiosity, and communication are keys to success at this R&D position
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88678017_E1