Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. The role reports to the Maintenance Manager and is located in Athens, Tennessee. As a Mechanical Electrician, you will be responsible for installing and repairing electrical and mechanical systems, apparatus and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
- Machine repair mechanical and electrical
- Rigging of equipment
- Plumbing and Facility work
- Electrical circuit and wiring repair
- High School Diploma or GED and 4 to 6 years of experience
- DOL Journeyman Electrician or Licensed Electrician, a good understanding of Industrial electricity or military training
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and diagrams
- Ability to work any shift (location is a 24 hour operation Monday – Friday with periodic weekend overtime)
- Good communication skills
- Be well versed in the application of hydraulics, pneumatics, and PLC’s
- Experience working on punch and mechanical power presses, feeders and coiling equipment
- Must be fluent in English
- Willing to cross crafts in performing assignments
- 3 plus years industrial maintenance electrician experience
- Metal Stamping experience highly desired
- Experience on plastic extrusion equipment, including extruders, pullers, coilers and conveying systems
- Plating and waste water treatment experience a plus
- Medium to large manufacturing plant experience preferred
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88511850_E1