Hardware/Mechanical Engineering Intern
Hardware/Mechanical Engineering Intern
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. The role reports to the Analytical R&D Manager and is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. ABB is seeking Computer Science, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Information Systems majors to work as a summer intern in our System Test department. ABB has a successful summer internship program that offers competitive pay and on the job experience in an exciting technology environment.
- Designing, manufacturing, and test components that fulfill requirements for GC Pro
- Analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing Product solutions to resolve them
- Conducting mechanical experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs
- Updating documentation and drawings/designs using CAD technology
- Work directly with Senior Engineers to develop and test new mechanical approaches for ABB Products
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of 3D CAD modelling tools (SolidWorks required)
- Knowledge of integrated CFD/Thermal Analysis/FEA tools a plus
- Self-motivated, comfortable working in a team environment or on your own
- Demonstrable detail orientation, problem analysis and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Must want to work with technology and is a hands-on person
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be in good academic standing with the university
- Must be willing to locate to the Bartlesville, Oklahoma area for the summer. A housing allowance is giving to the student on top of a competitive hourly pay
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88587524_E1