Mine Hoist Mechanical Field Service Engineer
Mine Hoist Mechanical Field Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Mine Hoist Systems team delivers solutions and services ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our hoisting solutions help improve safety and productivity of the mines while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address our customers’ challenges and opportunities. Our Hoisting Service Team supports customers with their ABB hoisting systems and solutions throughout North America. Our customers operate 24x7 and rely on ABB to support from installation and initial start-up, through to life-cycle services to maximize the availability of the solutions provided by ABB and optimize their operations. You will execute service work as part of the ABB Hoisting Service Team specializing in mine hoist systems. You will learn and be involved on the complete hoisting system including electrical power train with a specific focus on mechanics and hydraulics of the hoist. Located in Various locations reporting to the Hoisting Service Manager, you will act as the technical point of contact person between customers and extended ABB teams.
- This role will be the key point of contact for all technical aspects after the system start-up as well as leading the maintenance program for the hoist systems.
- Providing on-site or remote technical support for installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently, identifying technical problems and make analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories.
- Conduct Mechanical hoisting system inspections and audits to ensure proper operation and safety level of the system.
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Identifying potential equipment failures and taking corrective actions, troubleshooting complex equipment failures, and making recommendations to avoid the problem in the future.
- Reporting work done in a timely manner and following up when needed.
- Making suggestions for product, quality, and customer service improvements, and discussing them with management.
- Require hands-on support at customer sites.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Minimum technology diploma required in a related field, preferably Mechanical.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with industrial systems.
- Mine hoist systems knowledge and experience are a definite asset.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to relate well to customer needs.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and brake control systems.
- Knowledge of industrial cooling systems.
- Knowledge of AutoCad and SolidWorks 3D modelling would be an asset.
- Experience in the Mining Industry would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a multi-disciplined service environment often under pressure filled conditions.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write reports and speak effectively before customers or employees.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Ability to work in Canada, United States and Mexico as required.
- Travel will be required, including internationally.
- Retirement plan
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. ABB's Military Reservist Policy offers Canada's Reserve Force members the flexibility to undergo military training and activities while maintaining job security, seniority, pay, benefits, and privileges as ABB employees, including up to 15 paid working days per year for training, as well as extended leave for operations both in Canada and abroad, ensuring seamless career integration with our nation's defense forces.
Publication ID: CA88663505_E1