Service Center Manager - Burlington
Service Center Manager – Burlington
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Electrification responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy. The Service Center Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and lead the local site service operations to deliver operational excellence and sustainable profitable growth. Your highly effective leadership skills are critical when managing an electric Motor & Generator assembly /production and service environment, offering both shop & field-based service solutions. Your health & safety expertise, ownership and role model should be exceptional and a top priority every day. In this role, you will define and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. This role will report to the North America Repairs Network Leader, Electrification Services.
- Overall ownership, operations execution and project leadership of the Repair Center.
- Ensure compliance with all customers, internal and external and contract requirements.
- Interface and manage projects as necessary with the marketing, sales, commercial, operations, quality, and engineering teams.
- Drive for excellence in the key areas of cost control, Environmental Health and Safety standards,
- LEAN and Quality, and overall productivity.
- Provide effective team leadership to enhance cost effectiveness and create a lean, consistent
- and effective workforce.
- Identify local service opportunities.
- Maintain compliance of ABB policies and quality initiatives.
- Interface with Customers regarding work in progress, service offerings, and other service related activities.
- Maintain positive and constructive union / employee relations.
- P&L responsibility.
- Strong leadership in living and driving the ABB values and Group standards.
- Ensures a safe working environment, continuous HSE improvement process and integrity performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Management from an accredited university of college or equivalent (10 years) business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years operations / project management / product management experience.
- including technical, administrative, financial and contractual.
- Knowledge of electrical equipment including motors & generators, switchgear, transformers.
- Field installation or plant operations experience. Prior operations leadership experience (preferred).
- Technical, commercial, and sales experience and understanding of the Repair Services business (preferred).
- Ability to work and lead in a matrix organization with strong cross-functional leadership experience (preferred).
- Union relations experience (preferred).
- Self-starter with strong leadership, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills. Strong business and financial acumen (preferred).
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. ABB's Military Reservist Policy offers Canada's Reserve Force members the flexibility to undergo military training and activities while maintaining job security, seniority, pay, benefits, and privileges as ABB employees, including up to 15 paid working days per year for training, as well as extended leave for operations both in Canada and abroad, ensuring seamless career integration with our nation's defense forces.
Publication ID: CA89155186_E1