Senior Field Service Engineer
Senior Field Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Senior Field Service Engineer for Electrification business, you will be responsible for ensuring the service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB standard processes and safety guidelines to satisfy customers. Reporting to Service Team Leader, you will be executing technical support and act as specialist in own area of expertise. This position is based in Samut Prakan, Thailand.
- Providing technical support by identifying technical problems and determining corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in any service category (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.).
- Investigating customer needs through professional consulting. Providing technical consulting and specialist assistance on service solutions to management and customers by giving relevant inputs on customer requirements and proposed service products/solutions.
- Determining effective service applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
- Managing customer relationships and maintaining regular contacts with key customers. Identifying new sales opportunities, proactively communicating both with the customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are met and business opportunities utilized for service growth.
- Coordinating and performing specialist service projects in relevant areas internally and externally (e.g., milestones, project plan, cost supervision, action steps, project reviews, project supervision) including all commercials.
- Preparing all required technical documents and reports for project contracts to be signed by the customer representative. Reporting work done in a timely manner and providing relevant technical supporting documents to the service execution teams and follows up when needed.
- Participating in maintenance meetings and improvement activities to proactively providing suggestions for product and quality improvement and shares with ABB organization/management.
- Minimum bachelor’s in electrical engineering.
- Experience more than 5 years in electrical engineering.
- Having experience in LV/MV switchgear/Product.
- Good to have measurement usage, safety at site, Low Voltage/Medium Voltage product, Microsoft office, IoT etc.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills in Thai and English.
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental leave (gender neutral)
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: remote #LI-remote Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Work model: on site #LI-onsite
Publication ID: TH89099996_E1