Sales Support Specialist
Sales Support Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Sales Support Specialist is the first point of contact for customers and business partners of the Analytical Sales, Process Automation Measurement & Analytics (PAMA). You will be responsible for providing superior service to customers including communication, coordination of service and delivery, problem resolution, order entry, record maintenance, etc. You will assess various customer requests and apply own knowledge and experience to determine options for action, take into account the business requirements and customer needs, apply a level of discretionary thinking in resolving the situation, and oversee work and assist in the training of less experienced employees.
This position reports to
Sales Operations Manager
- Enable and own many components of “post sales activity”. Post sales activity encompasses much of the actions and responsibilities after a customer’s order/Purchase Order is received.
- Develop knowledge of the customer to then identify and predict customer needs, obtain and coordinate information related to customer needs, requests and requirements, and communicate via phone, email and other means directly with customers, channel partners, account managers and other internal resources.
- Review customer orders; verify customer information and notes, maintain customer records and documentation, work with confidential customer information, and accurately and timely log all customer interactions in data management systems.
- Input and track orders, changes, notices and cancellations, respond to customer queries and product needs, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues over the phone and via email in a fast paced environment, answer incoming requests via phone, email or web portal, and analyze problems and inquiries related to Service Level Agreements of post sales activity.
- Provide order processing, acknowledgements, requests for information, etc. Coordinate communication to and from customer including product information, engineering, production, quality, test, shipping, service, warranty, etc.
- 3 years of experience or Associate’s degree; or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US89203844_E1