QCS Resident Service Technician-Kalamazoo, MI
QCS Resident Service Technician-Kalamazoo, MI
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will provide technical support for Process Automation Process Industries (PAPI) Pulp & Paper Service in Kalamazoo, Michigan, delivering superior, professional service, remotely or on site. You will be responsible for performing preventive and corrective maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of proprietary ABB hardware and software, as well as assisting with any projects, upgrades, new installations and advanced services. Works independently or as part of a small site team.
This position reports to
IAPI Service Midwest Region Operations Manager
- Maintain quality control hardware and software. This includes cleaning debris from sensors, troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues with the frame and sensor package, troubleshooting the computer system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)/control software and maintaining the working state of the entire ABB quality control solution
- Answer customer questions about the state of the ABB system. Resolve customer service related issues while fostering the customer relationship and working to solve technical problems on site. Deal directly with, and communicate effectively with plant operators, plant management, third party vendors and other ABB personnel in support of service operations
- On call for 24 hour emergency support service requests. Team rotation in most areas.
- Accurately document the work that is performed for periodic preventive maintenance and intermittent corrective maintenance tasks.
- Play an active role in various projects such as upgrades, new installations or new functionality for customers. Coordinate work with other groups to ensure meeting commitments.
- Work safely including completing all assigned training and following all HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) policies and procedures.
- Associate's degree in a related field and 1 year of electrical/electronics, instrumentation or process control related work/military experience required or High School diploma/GED and 3 years of related work/military experience required.
- Ability to use electrical test equipment such as voltmeters or multi meters
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude including a basic understanding of electrical theory and electrical safety
- Ability to read electrical drawings and utilize for troubleshooting electrical systems
- Ability to diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems up to 240 VAC/870 VDC and perform preventive maintenance using electrical test equipment
- Candidate should know how to identify voltage systems that are above the level 240 VAC/870 VDC
- Comfortable using basic hand tools
- Basic understanding of the paper making process and process control a plus
- Exposure to DCS programming and troubleshooting is beneficial
- Travel up to 15 percent maybe required for training and assisting other sites
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US89170512_E1