Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Project Manager, you will oversee projects within the PAPI Growth Industries Solutions, Process Automation Process Industries (PAPI) in New Berlin, Wisconsin, providing clear guidelines, tasks and milestones, while motivating and providing feedback. You will be responsible for leading the execution of large and complex projects and ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policies, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. This role supports the Local Division and Operations Managers in overseeing team development and process improvement to continually increase the effectiveness of project execution.
This position reports to
Business Line Manager, Growth and Metals
- Lead the project team, establish the project execution approach and oversee project hand over, execution planning and monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
- Coach and provide performance feedback for project staff.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of policies and work instructions by adopting external “best practices” and findings from lessons learned.
- Actively seek both internal improvement opportunities and external project management practices with relevance to ABB and influences the organization to continuously improve project execution.
- Actively participate in and contribute to internal and external expert groups, example project management councils and other forums.
- Lead project recovery efforts, that is, the rapid assessment of troubled projects and their turnaround on behalf of the Local Division.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering required and minimum 10 years of total engineering and project management experience, at least 5 to 8 year in project management role.
- Business management acumen a plus.
- Sound knowledge in implementing MAC/MEC/MEAC Methodology and Process.
- Solid professional with proven success in delivering complex solutions in Process Industries, including, but not limited to the scope of Automation Systems, Electrical, E-house, Digital Solutions
- Experience in delivering Large Projects in Process industries will be required.
- Experience in Metals industries strongly preferred.
- Experience in Cement, Data Centers, Food and Beverage, High Power rectifiers or substation projects a plus
- PM certification a plus.
- Travel up to 35 percent, including internationally.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US89511156_E1