Quality Control Technician Tester LV 1st shift
Quality Control Technician Tester LV 1st shift
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. The role reports to the Testing Manager and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Quality Control Technician Tester LV 1st shift, you will be responsible for performing tests on and troubleshoot assembled panels which include both electrical and mechanical devices.
- Perform tests on and troubleshoot assembled panels which include both electrical and mechanical devices
- Test electronic modules and set program parameters
- Use test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters (digital voltmeters), curve tracers, power supplies, automatic test equipment and tools such as torque wrenches, torque screwdrivers, screwdrivers, wrenches and other tools as required
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Assist other quality control technicians and assembly personnel where quality control questions arise
- Train other employees as necessary
- Must have the flexibility to test equipment in all areas
- Other related duties as assigned
- Drive high standards for safety and housekeeping and assure compliance with all environmental regulations
- Escalate health, safety, environmental, and security concerns promptly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or similar in Electronics/Electrical Engineering Technology OR equivalent electronics work experience of 3 plus years with a focus on quality required
- Must have significant knowledge of electrical wiring
- Must be able to demonstrate applied electronics knowledge through a technical interview
- Can demonstrate the set up and use of equipment listed in the duties and responsibilities
- Read and interpret electrical schematics
- Must be self-directed but can work alone or as member of a team.
- Able to inspect, examine and observe for product or equipment defects
- Experience using measuring devices such as tapes, gauges, rules and scales
- Comprehend, execute and retain complicated oral and written instruction
- Read and interpret technical manuals
- Prior experience working in Electrification or Manufacturing Environment
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US89228186_E1