Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will establish and maintain a Quality Culture within local ABB, by assuring and controlling Quality with systems, tools and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations. You will be in charge of developing & maintaining the Quality Management System of the local unit. All aspects managed in line with Division guidance.
- Quality Assurance - Works with local management teams to prevent mistakes and defects in products and avoid problems when delivering solutions or services to customers, provide confidence that ABB and customer quality requirements will be fulfilled, focus on issue prevention rather than just control, establish customer and stakeholder needs/expectations, drive the utilization of process management across the local business to deliver consistent results, minimizing variation and maximizing efficiencies.
- Quality Control - Ensures effective internal controls are in place to verify that processes continue to meet customer and stakeholder requirements. Validates that control plans are applied and effective in mitigating know risks.
- Voice of the Customer - Ensures the Voice of the Customer is represented within the local business. Challenge the management team with customer experience feedback and input to decisions. Enable and coach all employees to evaluate risks, problems and solutions from a customer/stakeholder point of view. Drives resolution of customer cases to completion, following robust root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Product Quality - Utilize ABB Group aligned systems and tools to assist the Engineering function with Product data and analysis to validate that Products continue to meet operational and customer expectations throughout their lifecycle. Validate APQP plans to assure effective introduction of new products.
- Quality Governance - Deploy and maintain the local Quality Management System to provide the local business with policies, regulations and processes that sufficiently describe the value chain activities. Lead the local management team in the application of an operational approach and system of process management that is continually evaluated for effectiveness.
- Quality Compliance - Performs audits and ensures the use of analytics of Quality data from all parts of the operation to identify risks, failures and non-conformances within the local business, its suppliers and customers. Ensures that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are taken and solutions are managed to closure.
- Continuous Improvement Deployment - Deploy and execute the Global Business line strategy to continuous improvement and deployment. Facilitate best practice sharing within your locations. Work directly with key stakeholders in locations to achieve buy-in and execute strategy.
- People Leadership and Development - Enables, with the support of HR, that the local Quality team is sustainably staffed, developed and directed in line with ABB guidance to provide support and leadership for the Quality activities that support the local business.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree and prior experience in production environment is mandatory and experience in quality environment will be considered as an advantage
- Requires the ability to work effectively with limited supervision. Understands the importance of not making decisions in isolation
- Strong communication skills are necessary to work effectively with the management group, employees, and vendors and with end customers. Proficient English language is a must
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively with people with diverse backgrounds; both inside the plant environment and with external contacts
- Operates in a fast-paced environment where critical decisions must be made quickly, and teamwork is essential
- Knowledge of Lean concepts and process improvement / functionality is essential
- Strong ERP systems and computer skills. Experience with SAP would be a strong plus.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: remote #LI-remote Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Work model: on site #LI-onsite
Publication ID: BG89509962_E1