Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Production Engineer (Shift Leader) and will be part of Motion Business Area for IEC LV Division based in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be reporting to Production Manager and will be responsible for supervising a shift team’s progress against work plans as defined by Production management to ensure the proper use of machinery, equipment and assembly lines within a production area. Cooperating with the unit supervisor to create an effective work environment and reinforcing production schedules and quality.
- Assisting management and shift team in allocating, coordinating, and overseeing shift orders and work plan execution within production lines during the shift
- Providing regular feedback and making recommendations to management regarding issues within the production line, including production line organization, shifting priorities and possible critical situations
- Helping management implement staff movements in case of vacations, illnesses, machine outages or shifting priorities
- Serving as leader during shifts to oversee cooperation and the resolution of technical/quality problems and logistic issues
- Reinforcing focus on volume, efficiency and on time delivery
- Ensuring the shift operation is run in compliance with health & safety policies and guidelines
- Engineering or Diploma Graduate in Electrical /Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 plus years of experience in motor manufacturing/ procurement and supply chain management
- Any additional qualification in field of Operation Management will be preferred
- SAP experience is mandatory
- Excellent communication skills
More about us
The IEC LV Motors Division is a global market leader focused on helping industries, cities, infrastructure, and transportation increase energy efficiency. The division offers a full range of energy efficient low voltage motors, including SynRM (synchronous reluctance) motors to help customers reduce power bills and cut emissions. With rugged designs, a global footprint and application expertise, IEC LV motor solutions have a well-earned reputation of improving reliability and productivity in the most demanding applications We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning Work model: on site #LI-onsite
Publication ID: IN89266870_E1