Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Location: Lüdenscheid (Germany), Oiartzun (Spain), Porvoo (Finland), Jablonec nad Nisou (Czech Republic). This role demands the Category Management for Brand Labelled products at Busch-Jaeger Elektro GmbH, Germany (ELSB) in Lüdenscheid, Germany NRW, implementing effective supplier management strategies to ensure that Busch-Jaeger and suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Reporting to the Head of Direct Materials, you will drive excellence in the execution of purchasing and logistics strategies that aid the business by optimizing costs, quality and reliability of suppliers and supplied products and to assure Business Continuity. The role will report to the Head of Direct Materials.
This position reports to
Head of Direct Materials
- Strategic category and supplier management for the Brand Labelling Category procured from internal and external suppliers.
- Strategic and operative support to other functions during new product launches and product discontinuations
- Contribution to supplier selection, leading supply chain management for the brand labelled category, contract design as well as ensuring that the quality requirements in consideration of legal knowledge are met.
- Contract negotiations on quantity, prices, MOQ’s, delivery dates and general contract conditions as well as liabilities etc.
- Ensure top-quality supply during product lifetime up to phase-out projects, including the implementation of problem-solving processes
- Ensure manufacturing and material cost reductions over the entire product life cycle through design to cost, cost break down analysis and evaluation within RFQ process.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal regulations and ABB guidelines
- Business or Technical studies (Bachelor/Master), education / knowledge in the field of products for domestic installation and / or electronics
- More than 3 years of experience in procurement, working as strategic category or project buyer with focus on brand labelled category.
- Experience in the international product development and purchasing process in a matrix organization bringing strong negotiation skills and good knowledge of contract design and legal essentials.
- Innovative, conceptual, analytical, and entrepreneurial thinking / acting and team player with initiative and assertiveness.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel internationally.
- German and English spoken and written.
More about us
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial, and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety, and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart, and sustainable electrification solutions, services, and products. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Global Talent Acquisition Team #LI-Hybrid
Publication ID: GP89109437_E1