Regional Operations Manager
Regional Operations Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Regional Operations Manager and will be part of Motion Business Area for Large Motors and Generators Division based in Vadodara, India. In this role you will be reporting to Regional Division President - MOLM and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects related to operations of a local unit(s) including the full scope of Operations (Manufacturing, Production, Maintenance, Procurement, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Logistic, Planning & Fulfillment) or a part of that. Ensuring strict adherence within the operations to the policies and required standards of health, safety and integrity.
- Developing business action plans for the unit(s) aligned with Business Area/Division/Product Group strategy and targets. Monitoring implementation and tracking any deviations for corrective action
- Preparing annual budget, overseeing progress and determining actions to cost issues as necessary to manage operations within the budget and resources
- Developing programs, projects, goals and metrics to lead the organization to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working capital throughout Operations
- Ensuring that the organization takes an overall value chain perspective to meet customer expectations on quality, service levels and lead time and has a full understanding and culture of continuous improvement behaviors, methodology and processes
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders including other MOLM factories. Planning overall inventory management to achieve optimum working capital
- Maintaining compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while monitoring and reporting progress and results.
- Assessing risks and safety hazards and implementing plans to ensure people and equipment safety. Creating and maintaining a positive work environment for the Company. Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed
- Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ Years of experience in operations management or related field with solid background in manufacturing, planning and fulfillment, logistics, supply chain, continuous improvement and customer support and productivity
- Good understanding of financial management, budgeting, profit and loss, inventory, cash flow management, integrated business planning, forecasting and investments (capex)
- Knowledge in the Quality profession and ideally be able to present accreditations/ certification across the quality profession - Lean Six Sigma Black/ Master Belt, Lean Manufacturing Certification, Total Quality Management Certification, Supplier qualification (ISO 9001, VDA 6.3, PPAP, APQP), Quality Management tools as VSM, DMAIC, Ishikawa, 5WHY and 8D`s. System & IT-Skills/ experience (SAP is mandatory)
- Experience in managing large teams, motivate people to achieve ambitious goals and unionized workforce on production shop floor
- A team player who can find flexible ways in a multi-cultural environment to solve problems and drive collaboration to create a win-win
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division is a technology leader offering a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators, driving innovations for a sustainable future. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors & generators and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning Work model: on site #LI-onsite
Publication ID: IN89419091_E1