Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Operations Manager and will be part of Process Automation business area Measurement & Analytics division based in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be reporting to Business Manager – Portfolio and you will be primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects related to operations of a local unit (s) including the full scope of Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Operational Excellence, Value Chain Planning or Project Controls. Ensuring strict adherence within the operations to the policies and required standards of health, safety and integrity.
- Developing business or project action plans for the SIU Shanghai aligned with IAMA Business Unit strategy, business targets, monitoring implementation and tracking any deviations for corrective action
- Preparing annual budget, overseeing progress and determining actions to cost issues as necessary in order to manage operations within the budget and resources
- Developing programs, projects, goals and metrics to lead the organization to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working capital throughout operations
- Ensuring that the organization take an overall value chain perspective to meet customer expectations on quality, service levels, lead time and culture of continuous improvement behaviors, methodology and processes
- Maintaining compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while monitoring and reporting progress, results, assessing risks, safety hazards and implementing plans to ensure people and equipment safety
- Creating and maintaining a positive work environment for the company, ensuring (with HR Manager’s support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed
- MBA or B E in Electrical or Chemical Processing Engineering
- Minimum 12 years of experience in leading teams with a focus on operational planning and process development
- Experience in typically accountable for budget, policy recommendations and medium-term planning
- Experience in technical background with project operations and techno-commercial experience in project business
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning Work model: on site #LI-onsite
Publication ID: IN89386145_E1