Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as R&D Engineer and will be part of Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area for BA Function Technology Division based in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be reporting to R&D Team Lead and will be responsible for working on the development, enhancement & debugging of embedded Robot Controller software.
- The responsibility includes feature development related to Robotware Web Services API, C++ development expert level in Windows Environment and debugging C++ code and testing
- Understanding the features & break up them to user stories
- Improving quality of code and non functional requirements (NFR)
- Working with the tools like API developmnent, C# .Net development and RESTful-API
- Test automation using C# .Net
- Development experience using visual studio IDE
- BE or BTech (Electrical/Electronics/ Computer Science)
- Should have at least 2 yrs. of experience into C++ based SW Development, exposure to Agile/SAFe ways of developing software will be a plus
- Working knowledge in Interface development using C++, RESTFUL API
- Skills in C++ advanced level and OOAD (design patterns, software architecture)
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and strong analytical skills
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning Work model: on site #LI-onsite
Publication ID: IN89221239_E1