Branch Operations Manager - Branch 2314
Advance Auto Parts
Summary: The WORLPAC Branch Operations Manager directs warehousing activities for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ninety percent of time spent directly managing Assistant Branch Operations Manager and 5 or more associates in warehouse and delivery.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; conducting performance appraisals and recommending pay increases; recommending rewards, conducting associate counseling and disciplinary actions, addressing complaints and resolving problems when possible.
- Regularly prepares written memos to Regional Operations Manager and Human Resources and prepares associate counseling memos and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit.
- Instills and maintains a customer service oriented philosophy in all conduct of self and subordinates.
- Confers with customers and department heads to evaluate, promote and provide improved and expanded services in the area.
- Develops plans for efficient use of resources (materials, equipment and associates).
- Prepares annual operational budget for submission for approval.
- Follows operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to procedures.
- Responsible for all monies collected from customers as well as petty cash and will call funds.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment, including delivery vehicles.
- Ensures repairs are made and submits requisitions for replacement of equipment if needed.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as production, sales, records control, purchasing and human resources.
- Ensures cash management, replenishment, bin locations, returned merchandise and inventory errors are processed according to company standards.
- Participates in planning personnel safety, training and building protection activities.
- Ensures safety procedures are followed and makes recommendations regarding safety issues.
- All associates have the responsibility for following rules and guidelines set forth in the Company Policies, Procedures and Code of Conduct, as well as a moral obligation to look out for the safety and wellbeing of their fellow associates.
- Associates also have the responsibility to report violations of the Policies and procedures and report any safety concerns to their supervisor/manager.
Position is eligible for bonus based on individual and group performance.
Compensation Range70,100.00 USD PER YEAR - 80,525.00 USD PER YEAR
California Residents click below for Privacy Notice: