Major Loss Adjuster - Financial Lines
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role
What you need to know:
- You will be handling a mixed portfolio of Financial Lines claims that have the highest level of complexity and monetary exposure comprising primarily of directors and officers and financial institution professional indemnity claims.
- You will be responsible for investigating the facts of a notification and loss, coverage analysis and determination and implementing the most cost effective and timely resolution of the claim and quantum analysis whilst also ensuring mitigation of indemnity and expense exposure as well as effective external vendor and litigation management.
- Timely, accurate and customer focused claim handling and coverage investigation of all claims in accordance with company standards and procedures and TCF principles including accurate and consistent reserving practices.
- Accurate and consistent policy wording interpretation
- Represent AIG as necessary on external technical panels and at industry events.
- Cross border handling, including awareness of legal and regulatory systems outside home jurisdiction.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience and specialist knowledge in Financial lines claims and coverage (Cyber and PI)
- Proven ability to handle complex professional indemnity claims.
- Good knowledge of local regulatory and litigation procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to confidently present and be articulate in market and client meetings.
- Experience in conducting negotiations, mediation, arbitration and ADR skills will be preferable.
- Able to contribute effectively within a team environment and good reporting and stakeholder management skills on claims progress, issues and claims trends.
A look at our Benefits
We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion