Operations and Customer Quality Engineer (E3)
Prevent Quality excursions from reaching our customers driving from Product Quality improvements in Manufacturing to Final Test, launch product risk screens, launch CAPA, SCARs and proliferating lessons learned while collaborating with multiple functional teams, negotiating their priorities to address DDP's product line needed improvements.
Key Responsibilities - Hardware Quality Engineering opportunity, No Relo
Hardware Manufacturing Customer Experience Quality Engineering position Develops and applies quality standards in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Develops and conducts related tests. Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/ or production equipment using AMAT internal application tools.
- Develops methods and parameters, project methodology and/ or project proposals. Develops and uses procedures.
- Prepares documentation for inspection/ testing procedures. Recommends corrective action for procedural, product, or process deficiencies. Gathers operational and test data and evaluates results. Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies. Tracks progress of qualification status, reviews reliability test results, determines disposition of non-compliant products, reviews and releases qualification packs. Participates in audits. Utilizes drawings, specifications, industry standards, and sketches, adapting inspection measuring devices and procedures when necessary. Read and interpret technical drawings and specification requirements. Reduces qualification cycle time and cost while still meeting quality performance requirements. Responsible for driving Continuous Improvement in the Quality of AMAT’s product portfolio Eliminate customer complaints and escalations Work and demonstrate ability to closely lead multi-functional teams including but not limited to: experienced design and development engineers, Quality and Reliability engineers, Supply Chain Management teams, suppliers and technology partners in order to acquire and implement best known methodologies and deliver a better quality and customer experience than in current portfolio. Monitor field customer performance of product to identify issues and allow for early investigation and mitigation Drive investigation, capture, Root Cause Analysis, Containment, Corrective Action, Process Improvement to prevent issue recurrence, Monitor plans using statistical methods Conduct Quality Post-Mortem and document lessons learned reviews from current and older products to prevent recurrence of Quality issues and drive corrective actions into the next generation product portfolio Drive customer escalation resolution (root cause analysis, Containment, Corrective Action and Process Improvements following the 8D discipline format) to prevent recurrence of problems
Drive Design, Quality, Reliability, lessons learned and VoC (Voice of Customer) requirements into new product designs to improve the quality and reliability of new products.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office applications (Excel proficiency required), Power BI
- 8D Root Cause analysis and Corrective Action, Containment, Prevention, Proliferation measures, FMEA, DMAIC, Green Belt Certified or equivalent, Analytical tools (Paretos, Histograms, Ishikawa (Six Elements), Scatter, Control charts, checklists)
Business Expertise and Skills
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Experience in high volume manufacturing environments
- Proven track record working and managing customer issues and suppliers Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage and coordinate customer PPM (Parts per Million), supplier PPM, supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Knowledge of Quality systems and measurements, Lean Manufacturing, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Product Part Approval Process (PPAP), PFMEA, ISO9001, Quality Assurance tools
- Undertake special projects as required
- Lead, Contribute and support continuous improvement activities
- Prepare and present reports at group meetings and internal customers
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
- Time management
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Self-motivated individual, Flexible, Adaptable. Optimistic, Self aware, Open to change
- Work mostly with minimal supervision Assertive, resilient and welcomes change and navigates through adversity
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Lead, support groups of technicians and engineers
- Training skills, provide guidance and coach other team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Excellent attention to detail
- Continuous improvement consultant skills
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Innovate from original solutions
- Works to build consensus
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team and external functional teams; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- 0– 15%
- Bachelor's Degree – Engineering, Computer Science or related Engineering Technology
- Advanced Quality Certifications
- 6 - 9 + Years of Experience job related
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Years of Experience:4 - 7 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$92,000.00 - $126,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.