Mechanical Engineer V - (E5)
Independently, develops and implements concepts for range of significantly complex product issues and engineering solutions
Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects and spearhead research and development of new technologies, as appropriate
Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of significantly complex engineering problems
Specify or perform significantly complex engineering analysis
Interface with internal and external customers regarding significantly complex engineering issues to address customers High Value Problems (HVP) for a range of products
Generate product specifications. Define, coordinate, perform, and document engineering tests.
Specify the development, design, or modify engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of significantly complex scope
Specify and review engineering documentation and engineering processes
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
Years of Experience:10 - 15 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$160,000.00 - $220,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.