NPI Materials Project Manager
- Under direct supervision, forecasts and communicates engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers. Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make versus buy analysis. Coordinates demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
- Participates in Materials Core Team and coordinates product development process deliverables with team members (buyers, planners, production control).
- Supports the creation, releases, and updates to new project materials strategy.
- Participates in commercialization (transition) materials plan. Participates in the material change control change process. Assists in supplier price and delivery negotiations; under direct supervision may negotiate contracts as necessary. Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, cost).
- Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
- Meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues. Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators (KPI). Tracks total landed costs targets.
- Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering. Utilizes value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Cost analysis.
- Under direct supervision, mediate and partner in the resolution of supplier quality issues for assigned product groups.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Years of Experience:4 - 7 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$68,000.00 - $93,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.