Logistics Sourcing Manager III - (B3)
Logistics Sourcing Manager
Applied Materials, Inc.
Global Logistics & Packaging Supplier Management
This role requires a broad level of experience and understanding of strategic sourcing of Logistics service (i.e. transportation, warehousing, brokerage, crating and packaging), supply chain management, 3rd party logistics, warehousing best practices, transportation management, crating/packaging, contract management, reverse logistics, service parts logistics, and key supplier relationship management.
This role reports directly to the Senior Manager, Global Logistics & Packaging Commodity Business Management and will be responsible for:
- Ensure Cross Business Unit Collaboration
- Maintain Industry Awareness
- Develop and execute Commodity & Supplier Strategy
- Own Sourcing process and contract management
- Own Supplier Relationship
- Adhere to the Logistics Sourcing Policy
- Manage Sourcing Board Commitment Authority Process
- RFx Planning/Process
- Lead Sourcing Event Teams
- Ensure Business Requirements Precisely Documented and Communicated to Suppliers
- Conduct Supplier Capability Assessments and Negotiations
- Manage Contracts/Rates Optimization & Management (*)
- Conduct Tactical Procurement (Spot Buy)
- Perform / Support Global Rate Structures & Bid Analytics
- Manage programs which identify best in class suppliers and initiate onboarding of new suppliers to support strategic objectives
- Standardize measurement of SLAs from contracts
- Define a globally uniform supplier performance reporting standard
- Host Supplier Management Cadence meetings
- Track performance management
- Identify performance deficiencies
- Identify non-conformance in execution
- Collaborate internally and externally to correct performance trend and drive supplier continuous improvement
Success in this role requires the ability to effectively partner and directly (or indirectly) lead within a matrix, multi-site, global, cross functional team consisting of representatives from operations, engineering, manufacturing, legal, finance, and other internal organizations, and all levels and functions within the commodity supply base.
Key requirements to ensure success in the role include specific commodity knowledge of international and domestic transportation (heavyweight air, ocean, parcel ground/air, and trucking), warehousing, crating and packaging, and other related logistics activities deemed necessary to support a World Class Global Supply Chain. This role requires research, analysis and understanding of the supply market drivers for each of the above commodities. In addition, it requires the ability to assess and anticipate sources of supply/capacity risk before they become reality, and to prepare recommendations to mitigate such risks.
Position requires always understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values
- Minimum 5-8 years of progressive experience in evaluating and managing new and existing suppliers with a high degree of supply chain industry experience, either through operational responsibility, consulting or sourcing.
- Experience delivering results within a global organization and has a comprehensive understanding of the domestic and international supply chain for transportation, warehousing, and crating/packaging operations.
- Lean and Six Sigma experience preferred
- Coupa sourcing optimization tool (or similar software) experience preferred
- General knowledge of supply chain management, commodity management, procurement, materials management, contracting, manufacturing processes, business/finance, knowledge of commodity and an understanding of commodity strategies.
- Specific commodity knowledge of international and domestic Transportation (heavyweight air, ocean, parcel ground/air, and trucking), Warehousing, Crating & Packaging, and other related Logistics activities deemed necessary to support a World Class Global Supply Chain
- Requires strong commercial negotiation, project management and leadership skills as well as demonstrated expertise in problem solving, change management, stakeholder management and time management.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication (both written & verbal), and organizational skills, with the ability to analyze complex situations quickly.
- Proven financial and business acumen are paramount and must ensure the Global Logistics organization remains a market leader by staying abreast of industry trends through participation in industry and trade associations.
- Requires high proficiency with MS office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- If based in Asia, Oral and written fluency in Mandarin
- BA/BS business, engineering, logistics, supply chain or other related field is required
- MBA preferred
- Certification by NAPM and/or APICS preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
Years of Experience:4 - 7 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
Travel:Yes, 25% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$88,000.00 - $121,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.