Apprentice Process Technician II
Come join Applied Materials for an exciting career in developing the future technologies that can “Make Possible a Better Future.” The Process Technician Apprenticeship program is an 18 month journey enabling you to earn while you learn on the job and also participate in college courses at no cost you. During the program you will work with a mentor to learn the job and have an opportunity for pay a pay increase. At the completion of the program you will receive a nationally recognized credential plus college credit for courses taken.
The Process Technician works in our State-of-Art Research & Development facility in Sunnyvale, CA. You work in a cleanroom environment with our advanced equipment and help to solve our customers High Value problems. This role has potential for advancement, pay increases and other roles as you gain experience. We offer competitive benefits including offsetting the cost of childcare and transportation subsidies. We are looking for those interested in a high tech career who have aptitudes and/or experience with Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) topics. Please apply!
Prepares wafers for experimentation to include cleaning. Loads wafers, prepares reactor for experimentation and cleans reactors. Checks performance of process system.
- Prepares cross section samples for scanning electron microscope (SEM) analysis.
Operates reactor to perform thin film process, under supervision.
- Operate scanning electron microscope (SEM) for cross section and top view or critical dimension (CD) or energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) analysis / imaging pending on job assignment, identify most of patterns of interest, understand image quality requirement.
Records process conditions and experimental observations.
- Understand basic scanning electron microscope (SEM) principle.
Responsible for multiple technology products.
- Perform scanning electron microscope (SEM) system software alignment functions.
Evaluates wafers and thin films.
- Perform routine maintenance procedures, flash, plasma clean etc.
Develops skillful use of laboratory process equipment and instrumentation.
- Interface with requestors, understand their detail requirement, and communicate on results.
Orders equipment and supplies, and coordinates with vendors and purchasing.
Other Requirements: This is a physically demanding position that often requires extensive walking, standing for extended periods of time, working in tight spaces, bending, squatting, twisting, kneeling, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting up to 35 lbs., the ability to distinguish between colors, the ability to work in an environment with noise that may be difficult for some individuals with sensitivity to noise, and the use of hand and power tools.
Additionally, because this position generally involves working in a clean room, it requires the use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment such as coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses, gloves, respirators, chemical aprons, and face shields.
- Has developed analytical skills and application of scientific methods to perform a variety of activities
- Has good understanding of how the team integrates with others
- Has no supervisory responsibilities
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Impacts the quality of own work
- Uses communication skills to exchange of information
Years of Experience:1 - 2 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
U.S. Salary Range:$24.40 - $33.55
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.