2024 Commodity Business Management - New College Graduate Opportunity! (Austin, TX)
Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials’ META Center is searching for a recent graduate to join our team!
The position will entail the following:
- Under direction from senior commodity managers, support tactical procurement for existing contracts for transportation, warehouse, brokerage, and packaging projects
- Support sourcing events, including the use of an online technology platform
- Administration of reports and reporting for scheduled and ad hoc meetings
- Conduct analytics of volume and spend for cost-savings opportunities
- Complete continuous improvement projects and documentation in support of the sourcing and spend analysis processes.
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree program in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Operations Management or a related field
- Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Experience in logistics, transportation or warehousing preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes
- Quick learner in a variety of systems and processes
- Attention to detail and passion for problem-solving
- Ability to conduct multiple independent activities in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Comfortable engaging with a variety of levels from front line warehouse workforce to top-level leaders, and demonstration of intermediate communication skills
- Interest in negotiations, market and industry assessments, and meetings with suppliers
- Six sigma, statistical analysis, advanced data review and cleansing
- Passion for growth and comfort with some ambiguity
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (excel, word, power point, etc..) a plus
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national
Education:High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience:Up to 1 Year
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:New College Grad
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$56,000.00 - $77,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.