Process Technician III
Prepares wafers for experimentation, including cleaning. Loads wafers, prepares reactor for experimentation. Evaluates performance of process system.
Operates reactor to perform thin film process, under limited supervision.
Records process conditions and experimental observations.
Responsible for multiple technology products.
Evaluates wafers and thin films. Prepares graphs and tables summarizing results.
- Interface with requestors, understand their detail requirement, and communicate on results; help lab on monitoring wafer in process (WIP) and maintaining throughput.
Checks performance of process system. Orders supplies.
- Identify problems and put tool down and call for service.
Coordinates with engineering on wafer evaluations.
Sets up equipment for experiments. Uses quantitative wafer evaluation and process instrumentation knowledge.
Other Requirements: This is a physically demanding position that often requires extensive walking, standing for extended periods of time, working in tight spaces, bending, squatting, twisting, kneeling, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting up to 35 lbs., the ability to distinguish between colors, and the ability to work in an environment with noise that may be difficult for some individuals with sensitivity to noise.
Additionally, because this position generally involves working in a clean room, it requires the use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment such as coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses, gloves, respirators, chemical aprons, and face shields.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others to achieve objectives
- May provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
Years of Experience:2 - 4 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
U.S. Salary Range:$28.80 - $39.60
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.