We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Scientist with a background in Statistics or Engineering to join our Semiconductor Manufacturing team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in performing statistical analysis, data visualization, and troubleshooting service offerings. Experience in using SAS JMP or equivalent tools, coupled with 2-5 years of work experience, is a key requirement. The role involves applying various statistical methods, optimizing processes, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to improve performance of semiconductor manufacturing equipment
Specific Duties Include
- Acquire, cleanse, organize, and mine massive volumes of data using custom scripts.
- Use Statistics for Decision Making, Hypothesis testing, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Operations Research, Multivariate Data Analysis (MDA), Pattern Recognition, Neural Network, Markov Analysis and Modelling, Optimization using Design of Experiment (DOE).
- Work with Engineering and data science team for Corrective and Preventive Maintenance SPC and help improvement actions on parameters not meeting SPC KPIs.
- Establish and monitor SPC for all critical process parameters. Provide consultation on statistical methodologies, data analysis/interpretation and experimental designs.
- Learn and successfully apply statistical analysis processes required to support service offerings.
- Learn commercial tools such as JMP, use custom scripts, proprietary analytics platforms as required for the work
- Collaborate with Engineering and data science teams for Corrective and Preventive Maintenance SPC.
- Analyze and visualize customer data, perform data anomaly detection and correction, and present findings.
- Prepare presentation materials for project status reviews and run regular meetings in alignment with team and organizational goals.
- Document and update methods, processes, and create use cases.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing sessions.
- B.S/M.S./M.Tech/Ph.D. in Statistics or Engineering field. 2-5 years of work experience using SAS JMP or equivalent tools.
- Fresh graduates with a strong academic background are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control in the Semiconductor Industry is preferred.
- Experience in Statistical process modeling Someone who already has work experience using various important statistical methods listed here (
Reliability Engineering, Multivariate Data Analysis, Statistical Techniques for Process Improvement, Problem Solving using Design of Experiments
Optimization methods, Non-Linear and Dynamic Programming)
- Proficiency in statistical software such as JMP, Minitab, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Prior experience in data analysis using descriptive statistical analysis techniques is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, disciplined work culture, and a high level of accountability.
Joining Location - Bangalore
- Ideal for professionals with experience in performing statistical analysis specific to SPC Control, Decision making, statistics, using commercial tools, and analyzing large volumes of data. Unix knowledge and/or a semiconductor background is an added advantage. Join us in pushing the boundaries of statistical analysis in semiconductor manufacturing.
Years of Experience:2 - 4 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.