AQR Arbitrage - Event-Driven Strategies Analyst
AQR Capital Management
About AQR Arbitrage
AQR Arbitrage is a joint venture with and affiliate of AQR Capital Management, LLC. AQR Arbitrage was founded in 2001 by Mark Mitchell and Todd Pulvino, who are former professors at University of Chicago, Northwestern University, and Harvard University. AQR Arbitrage focuses solely on the research and portfolio management of arbitrage and corporate event strategies while leveraging AQR’s infrastructure for all other investment management functions. AQR Arbitrage is in the same location as AQR for seamless integration at the headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
At AQR Arbitrage, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty, and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe that transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join the AQR Arbitrage Portfolio Management team. This individual will play an important part in assisting portfolio managers with tasks related to a suite of arbitrage strategies as well as with research aimed at developing new strategies. The role will provide an opportunity to learn about the event driven strategies provided by AQR Arbitrage by contributing to the portfolio management effort and to gain experience conducting empirical research on financial markets. Strong analytical ability, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work both independently and as part of the portfolio management team are required.
- Supporting the portfolio management team on daily tasks
- Construction of new datasets to facilitate strategy research
- Statistical analysis of arbitrage and event-driven strategies
- Development of portfolio management tools in Python
- Helping with generation of trade ideas
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of one year of internship experience in financial markets
- Strong problem-solving, quantitative, and programming skills
- Prior experience writing code, especially in Python, is a plus
- Ability to communicate credibly and clearly, both verbally and in writing
- High attention to detail and strong sense of ownership of your work
- Capacity to multi-task and stay on top of various market-imposed deadlines
- Work ethic and eagerness to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Highest level of integrity, empathy, and character
AQR and AQR Arbitrage are Equal Opportunity Employers EEO/VET/DISABILITY