Software Engineer - Client Reporting Associate
AQR Capital Management
AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration - and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The role is within the Client Reporting Engineering team. Our teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with AQR operations professionals, you will become intimately familiar with the platforms and processes that run AQR.
You will be responsible for design, development, and support of AQR’s enterprise reporting applications suite.
Your responsibilities will include understanding business requirements, understanding current technology and business landscape, design and implementation of APIs, aggregation of data from various sources, implementation of business logic, automation of formatting and rendering of presentations and reports.
The candidate will also be responsible for support of the reporting applications, fixing of production issues, and maintaining detailed documentation. You are expected to be able to work directly with the business users, other engineering teams and infrastructure groups.
What You Will Bring:
- BA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 2+ years of software development experience in C# with substantial individual contribution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with
- .Net Core
- Microservice architecture
- RESTful application design
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter, team player
- Experience working with complex projects through the software development lifecycle
- Experience working in a geographically spread-out team is a plus
- Experience working with reporting solutions is a plus
- Experience working in financial industry is a plus
Who You Are
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY