Senior Environmental Scientist
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We believe that flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, consultants and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigour to shape a better world.
Senior Environmental Scientist
Based in our Cork office the ideal candidate will be looking to further their career and gaining valuable experience across
a wide range of interesting projects, within a friendly working environment. In particular, experience in co-ordinating EIA and statutory
consent applications for the renewable energy sector would be a distinct advantage. You would be part of an environmental team
working on high profile and topical projects such as Bus Connects Core Bus Corridor Dublin EIAR, Greenlink Interconnector EIAR
and DART Coastal EIAR.
This is a permanent role in a very experienced team which offers the successful candidate
- Excellent opportunities for continued learning, diversification of skills (particularly in the climate change/sustainability sector) and career development.
- Excellent knowledge of environmental and planning legislation is essential
- Ability to work well in teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Leading and managing multi-disciplinary projects across a wide range of sectors
- Client relationship management and business development activities
- Line management, mentoring and career development of junior staff
- Commercial management
- Preparation and peer review of technical reports
- Managing the stakeholder consultation process
- EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) experience required
- Relevant Third Degree (Level 8 or higher)
- Several years post qualification experience, most of which will have been gained within a planning or environmental consultancy area, preferably in environmental assessment of renewable energy projects.
- Membership of a professional body, having obtained or working towards chartership
What to expect at Arup:
- A multicultural and informal working environment where you can develop professionally by being part of a team who enjoy what they do.
- We believe that flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
- Opportunities for short or long assignments at Arup’s offices and projects anywhere in the world.
- Employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme, which is dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
- Competitive performance-based salary growth.
- A strong corporate culture committed to its values: quality of work, holistic approach, humane organization, straight and honourable dealings, social usefulness and reasonable prosperity.
- Continuous training and professional development that will allow you to adapt to the growing needs of our clients as we embrace digital transformation.
You will be expected to become a member of a relevant and necessary professional organisation
Join us in shaping a better world.
Our goal is to shape a better world, finding solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the most expansive impacts of our work. Our drive to build a more sustainable, resilient and equitable future shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. The successful candidate will join our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
'A better way'- Sustainability and Social Equity
At Arup, we strive to bring environmental sustainability and social equity together. We put sustainability at the heart of our projects and invest in research and development that helps tackle issues such as climate change and poverty. We have made a commitment to reach net zero by 2030 and to contribute meaningfully to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, creating shared value for our clients and our communities while safeguarding our planet. Read our net zero carbon plan here. Read our net zero carbon plan here.
A career at Arup gives you the chance to have a positive impact on the world. For us, corporate responsibility is not just a policy; it’s a way of working.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion is at the heart of what we do
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for talented people of any background based on merit, fairness and respect. At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in social, cultural and educational events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or with your colleagues by joining staff networks such as those for women, culture or the LGBTQ+ community.
Recruitment Agencies We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Thank you’