Intelligent Transport Consultant
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We believe that flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, consultants and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigour to shape a better world.
Intelligent Transport Consultant
We are currently seeking a permanent full time Intelligent Transport Consultant to join our Assets & Operations team within Advisory and Digital Services (ADS) at our office at 50 Ringsend Road, Dublin 4.
The Assets & Operations team is part of a broader team within Arup. This team focuses primarily on transportation and provides services in areas such as Intelligent Mobility, Intelligent Transport Systems, strategic advisory, asset & operational management services and Connected and Autonomous Vehicles.
- Contribute to Intelligent Mobility projects that deliver high quality pragmatic advice and solutions to Arup’s broad range of Clients and technical challenges.
- Utilise technology to provide solutions to transportation consulting projects with a range of clients.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal presentation formats to both internal and external clients.
- Developing and enhancing relationships through project delivery.
- Work effectively with data and contribute to design of innovative solutions for clients nationally and globally.
- Testing project objectives, assumptions, and proposed activities against stated goals.
- Gather and define requirements for project or business processes.
- Deliver projects at various stages of development, including design, implementation, testing, commissioning, and operations/maintenance.
- Engage stakeholders (including clients) and manage communications.
- Define organisational structures and information flows.
- Undertake focused research and produce summary findings.
- Participate in and support the wider development of the team.
- Support project leaders on completion of projects’ planning and delivery.
- Other Ad-hoc queries, analysis, training, and project tasks as required.
- Supporting the delivery of other projects in the areas of Mobility Pricing and Intelligent Mobility.
Current Projects/Skills and attributes needed
- Strong technical expertise or demonstrated interest in one of the following areas: electronic tolling, transportation, intelligent mobility, Intelligent Transport Systems and Connected and Autonomous Vehicles.
- Prior experience working in a consultancy environment is desirable.
- Experience in one or all of planning, design, procurement or operations essential.
- You have excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-Lingual written and verbal skills a distinct advantage.
- Solid planning, analytical and organisation skills
- Strong numerical and IT skills
- Systems integration knowledge and experience a positive.
- Some roles require a proven ability to successfully manage projects to a high degree of quality.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision or in large multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have an engineering degree or other relevant third level qualification in the fields of engineering, computer science or IT systems.
- Ideally, you are fluent in English.
- You have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the design, delivery, project management and/or operation of tolling or intelligent mobility systems.
What to expect at Arup:
- A multicultural and informal working environment where you can develop professionally by being part of a team who enjoy what they do.
- We believe that flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
- Opportunities for short or long assignments at Arup’s offices and projects anywhere in the world.
- Employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme, which is dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
- Competitive performance-based salary growth.
- A strong corporate culture committed to its values: quality of work, holistic approach, humane organization, straight and honourable dealings, social usefulness and reasonable prosperity.
- Continuous training and professional development that will allow you to adapt to the growing needs of our clients as we embrace digital transformation.
Join us in shaping a better world.
Our goal is to shape a better world, finding solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the most expansive impacts of our work. Our drive to build a more sustainable, resilient and equitable future shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. The successful candidate will join our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
'A better way'- Sustainability and Social Equity
At Arup, we strive to bring environmental sustainability and social equity together. We put sustainability at the heart of our projects and invest in research and development that helps tackle issues such as climate change and poverty. We have made a commitment to reach net zero by 2030 and to contribute meaningfully to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, creating shared value for our clients and our communities while safeguarding our planet. Read our net zero carbon plan here. Read our net zero carbon plan here.
A career at Arup gives you the chance to have a positive impact on the world. For us, corporate responsibility is not just a policy; it’s a way of working.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion is at the heart of what we do
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for talented people of any background based on merit, fairness and respect. At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in social, cultural and educational events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or with your colleagues by joining staff networks such as those for women, culture or the LGBTQ+ community.
Recruitment Agencies We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Thank you