Strategic Advisory Consultant
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We believe that flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, consultants and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigour to shape a better world.
We are truly global, and our 15,870 planners, designers, engineers, and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion. We have over 700 staff working in Ireland based in Dublin, Cork, Galway, and Limerick. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment.
The imminent challenges faced by humanity, are complex; from the impact of COVID-19, to the decisions made at COP26 and the evolution of technology in recent decades, society has arrived at a point of inflection. Solutions to these challenges will largely play out in the built environment, in the domains of cities, utilities and transport. A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world.
Responding to these challenges requires rapid adaptation and transformation of the built environment. Our Strategic Advisory Services team brings together our integrated suite of design, technical, consulting and sustainability skillsets to help our clients navigate change, by developing smart responses tailored to their own particular operating environment.
As part of our growth ambitions we are recruiting a Senior Strategic Advisory Consultant to work within our Strategy and Transformation team.
Strategic Advisory Consultant
- Lead strategy and transformation advisory engagements with clients in the built environment including cities and planning, transport, water, and energy.
- Bring a problem-solving mindset with the ability gather and interpret information, conduct analysis, articulate thoughts and ideas in a clear and composed manner to suggest and develop solutions for client problems.
- Understand client businesses, analyse and communicate sector trends, and bring leading practices to client engagements.
- Drive change management through a combination of innovative practices and proven methodologies to bring together Arup’s deep built environment expertise to solve complex problems for our clients.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute sustainability and change management activities for clients.
- Plan, deliver, and facilitate workshops and events, both physical and virtual, including developing tailored content.
- Create content and oversee the creation of project collateral and client deliverables.
- Prepare presentations and reports with an attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Work collaboratively and interact with colleagues and clients to effectively deliver on client needs.
- 5+ years prior consulting experience working in a client-facing role.
- Proven success designing and executing strategies and complex projects.
- A sustainability mindset with an awareness of the economic, environmental and societal challenges facing organisations.
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently, across multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong report writing and researching skills.
- High degree of accuracy in executing work.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Degree qualified in area of business, social sciences, change management, or a related discipline.
- Interest in the built environment including infrastructure, transport, urban and regional development.
What to expect at Arup:
- A multicultural and informal working environment where you can develop professionally by being part of a team who enjoy what they do.
- We believe that flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
- Opportunities for short or long assignments at Arup’s offices and projects anywhere in the world.
- Employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme, which is dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
- Competitive performance-based salary growth.
- A strong corporate culture committed to its values: quality of work, holistic approach, humane organization, straight and honourable dealings, social usefulness and reasonable prosperity.
- Continuous training and professional development that will allow you to adapt to the growing needs of our clients as we embrace digital transformation.
Join us in shaping a better world.
Our goal is to shape a better world, finding solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the most expansive impacts of our work. Our drive to build a more sustainable, resilient and equitable future shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. The successful candidate will join our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
'A better way'- Sustainability and Social Equity
At Arup, we strive to bring environmental sustainability and social equity together. We put sustainability at the heart of our projects and invest in research and development that helps tackle issues such as climate change and poverty. We have made a commitment to reach net zero by 2030 and to contribute meaningfully to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, creating shared value for our clients and our communities while safeguarding our planet. Read our net zero carbon plan here. Read our net zero carbon plan here.
A career at Arup gives you the chance to have a positive impact on the world. For us, corporate responsibility is not just a policy; it’s a way of working.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion is at the heart of what we do
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment for talented people of any background based on merit, fairness and respect. At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in social, cultural and educational events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or with your colleagues by joining staff networks such as those for women, culture or the LGBTQ+ community.
Recruitment Agencies We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Thank you’