Consumer Products Strategy Manager II - Fraud Prevention & Detection
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Job Description Summary:
Manages a group of team leaders and analysts that are responsible for performing strategic analysis to improve portfolio risk, profitability, performance forecasting/ analysis and operational performance. This position requires interaction across multiple business partners to aide in determining key priorities and project direction for their team. Key functions involve coordinating asset quality monitoring for senior management, identifying trends based on economic and portfolio conditions, and recommending strategic enhancements to maximize the risk vs. reward tradeoff for the business unit. Establishes department-wide vision and oversees the analysis of criteria margins, model score development, forecasting, portfolio trends, and demographic performance. Integrates the analysis with other corporate units to ensure alignment with business and corporate objectives. Responsible for making hiring decisions and training Card Strategy Management/ Consumer Products Analysts and Managers. Creates business partnerships across the enterprise and demonstrates an aptitude of assessing financial performance and interpreting analytics. 7+ years Strategy Management experience preferred.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The Emerging Risk Fraud Strategies is looking for an experienced analytical leader to join our team as a the strategies lead for our digital and money movement portfolios. In this role, you will be expected to look through significant quantities of data to identify and stop fraud. Responsibilities will include fraud loss plan ownership, strategy development, building out a controls culture, and evaluating various internally developed and vendor provided machine learning tools to most effectively maximize client experience while managing fraud.
The role will be responsible for several key areas:
1. Development of new fraud strategies using statistical and analytical techniques and other quantitative methods. Goal will be to identify and mitigate new and emerging fraud threats, including Zelle, p2p products and other money movement tools.
2. Identifying new sources of data (internal or vendor-provided) that can enrich our existing fraud detection processes, be added to our decision systems, and allow for new detection strategies to be developed. Will require close coordination with partners in Fraud Technology.
3. Leading role managing projects related to technology initiatives including decision engine enhancements and authentication tool deployment.
3.Optimization of existing detection strategies to determine areas where rules can be adjusted to decline fewer false positives and improve the ROI and overall performance of our fraud strategies
4. Lead , conceptualize and execute varied analytics endeavors aimed at identifying new trends , gaps , vulnerabilities and potential risk exposure areas
5.Collaborate with various internal and external network partners and industry peers on multiple aspects encompassing , network guidelines, best practices, trends countermeasures, collective actions etc.
6. Development of both ad-hoc and more standardized reporting (MIS)
- There is no minimal educational experience required. An advanced degree is preferred, but lesser levels of education with the appropriate skills and experience will be considered as well
- At least 5 year of experience in analysis
- 5+ years of experience in SAS or SQL querying.
- The candidate must be at an advanced to expert level in SAS and SQL.
- Familiarity with other programming languages such as Python, R or Java.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is critical. Must have exceptional organizational, project management and controls environment skills.
- Outstanding critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Proven communication skills in describing complex issues to inform strategic insights and decision
- Ability to present, lead, support, and influence senior management and business stakeholders
- Innovation mindset with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Leadership and management skills, including development of teams and individuals
- Knowledge of data extraction tools such as Hive or HUE will be useful.
- Fraud decision engine management experience highly preferred.
- Prior team management experience highly preferred.
- Strong preference working in financial services, particularly fraud or cyber security.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40