Investment Due Diligence Specialist
Bank of America
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is the centralized resource to access the latest insights and solutions across the enterprise. The CIO helps Advisors establish a disciplined investment process and offer goals-based strategies that are grounded in the best thinking of the Firm. The Chief Investment Office provides thought leadership on wealth management, investment strategy and global markets and delivering strategic and tactical investment advice and in-depth guidance on portfolio strategies. The team delivers portfolio management solutions by developing and maintaining robust frameworks, services and tools to deliver goals-based wealth management (e.g., asset allocation and portfolio construction; all asset classes), and managing discretionary single asset and multi asset portfolios.
Bank of America-Merrill Lynch is currently seeking a Fixed Income Analyst to play a key role as part of its fixed income due diligence team that selects third-party investment managers for client investment. Reporting into the Head of Fixed Income Due Diligence, the Analyst will contribute to the firm’s delivery of a high quality platform of fixed income investment vehicles (mutual funds, separate accounts, etc.), including taxable high yield, securitized, emerging market, convertible bond and municipal strategies.
The Analyst will conduct investment manager research to identify new ideas for the platform, as well as monitor existing strategies to ensure any emerging risks are identified and assessed. This position involves accountability for the research opinion on covered strategies and engagement in complex investment conversations with internal and external partners. Therefore, the candidate must aspire to a research-intensive role and demonstrate an ability to develop and articulate investment insight.
- 5-7+ years of experience in the investment industry, preferably in an analytical role related to investment manager due diligence, equity research, quantitative research, portfolio management/construction, or asset allocation.
- A demonstrated analytical track record of building and defending well-supported investment opinions.
- Candidates with investment oriented career path interests are preferred. Success in the role requires self-motivation to constantly question and go deeper into analytical discovery.
- A collaborative, team-based approach to engaging with peers within the team and across business lines is essential.
- An ability to also operate independently and efficiently manage time for meeting deadlines.
- Alignment with the Values and Purpose of Bank of America.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA, MS, JD, or CFA preferred
- Must have a 7 and 66 or achieve the licenses within 120 days
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40