Global Regulatory and Audit Manager-Global Markets Operations
Bank of America
Working with the Global Regulatory and Audit Lead this role will support the centralized Risk Governance and Oversight routines for Global Market Operations (GMO) within the horizontal Regulatory and Audit Oversight team. This position is highly visible, working with all FLUs and risk teams within Global Market Operations, Global Regulatory Relations, GCOR, Corporate Audit and key support partners. The Regulatory and Audit Oversight team is a small global team that supports the global regulatory and audit coordinators in facilitating all regulatory and audit engagements. The team defines best practices and trains the organization in regulatory and audit processes and protocols and provides hands on support for broad and complex exams and audits. In addition the team monitors and reports on all regulatory activities and provides a central point of contact and engagement for 2nd and 3rd line partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Represent GMO for all horizontal Corporate Audits and Regulatory Exams to ensure a collective consistent framework across the organization.
- Provide support, including centralized oversight and facilitation, for exams and inquires impacting multiple GMO FLUs.
- Coordinate with impacted GMO FLUs, Enterprise Partners and Risk to ensure all requests are communicated and delivered accurately and timely.
- Maintain documentation supporting the existing Regulatory Centre of Excellence framework, lead training sessions and monitor adherence to Regulatory and Audit Guidelines.
- Work with Global Operations to ensure consistent application and adherence to Enterprise Standards within GMO.
- Track and provide reporting on examination and audit status and work with associated FLUs and Risk Partners to disposition and agree remediation of any risks identified.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal business, control and risk partners.
- Deliver on effective management routines, communications and escalation protocols to ensure all required periodic and ad hoc deliverables are met.
- Support divisional teams in creation, consolidation and review of exam and audit materials including maintenance of central inventory of preliminary documentation for exam and audit management.
- Previous Regulatory or Audit Oversight management experience
- Ability to navigate broad and complex organizations, bring teams together to meet regulatory and audit deliverables.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing potentially sensitive scenarios within short timeframes.
- Given the nature of the role, the ability to display flexibility given unpredictability of requests and ability to prioritize accordingly.
- Strong organizational, planning, communication (written and oral), and presentation skills with pinpoint attention to detail.
- Proven experience in drafting communications and presentation materials intended for external / senior audiences is essential.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to challenge and influence, build trusted relationships, deal constructively with conflict, problem solve / troubleshoot issues for themselves and others, and adapt to a fast-paced environment involving multiple and simultaneous deliverables.
- Knowledge of enterprise risk framework, enterprise policies, procedures, and standards preferred.
- Broad exposure to the front to back GMO processes an advantage.
∙ Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
∙ Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
∙ Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
∙ Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
∙ Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
∙ Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Bank of America overview:
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organization understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependents, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40